We take extreme care handling your sensitive and private data here at Tutory, and will use your personal information to administer your account and provide you the relevant products and services you have requested from us. However, we may from time to time contact you with details of relevant offers or new services only in the event that you have provided consent to contact you and receive such information from us. Your information and data is safe with us and we will never disclose or share with any third party (unless we have a legal requirement to do so) and is protected to the highest degree.
What is personal information?
Personal information relates to an identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be recognized directly or indirectly, by reference, including but not limited to a name, an online identifier, an identification number, geographic location data, and any other information specific to the genetic, physiological, physical, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of the natural person. We collect personal information with your consent only to use our services.
Personal information we collect
We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place a request for a tutor or a service , subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in relation to other activities, features, services, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, phone number, gender, email contact, address, city or location, credit card information, academic qualification or degree, job title, date of birth, languages spoken, University name, preferred service locations, services offered if any, schedule availability for providing such services, and pricing for such services Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. Additionally, as Users browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products or services that they view, what websites or search terms referred them to the Site, and information about how Users interact with the Site including any data pertaining to a purchase made through the Site, including name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number, IP address etc. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily agree to share such information with us. Users can always decline to provide personally identification information, except where this may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they engage with our Site or services. Non-personal identification information may include information about their devices, including information about the web browser (browser name), and other technical information such as the operating system, time zone, and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information like some of the cookies that are installed on a User’s device.
Several means allow us to collect such information such as the following:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to tracks information about them. Users may choose to set their web browser to refuse such cookies, or to alert them when cookies are being sent. If they do so, note that some parts of the Site may not function properly.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
Tutory will use personal information to improve its services and provide a more personalized experience for users on our site. In addition, we may use personal information to prevent, detect, and investigate illegal or fraudulent activities.
Tutory collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide geographic-based services: We use a user’s geo-location for providing location-based services such as tutor search and selectio. For example, enabling each Student User to find and meet a Tutor User of choice, or to allow a Tutor user in the event that they are booked using our service to see the location of the Student User who booked their services.
- To improve customer service and experience: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions and payments: We may use sensitive information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations) and or to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud. We process these transactions through 3rd party payment processing services. We do not store or share this information with third parties except to the degree necessary to provide our service.
- To administer a survey, content, promotion, or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics or services we believe may be of interest to them and or in line with the preferences the users have shared with us, to provide them with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To send periodic emails, calls, SMS, and notifications: The email address and mobile contact information users provide when registering to our services or when processing orders, will only be used to communicate with the users, including provision of information and updates pertaining to their transaction activity. It may also be used to respond to a user’s inquiries, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our newsletter / mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company or service news, updates, relevant product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email communication or otherwise the User may contact us via our Site at anytime to manually request their removal from our mailing list or further communications.
- We use the device information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
How do we protect your personal information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of our users personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal Information
We do not engage in selling, trading, or renting Users personal identification information to others. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above and we allow tutors or students in our site to share details to other members to establish contact for tuition services. Nevertheless, each member or user of our site can update their Privacy Settings from their account to determine which details to become public.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Third Party Websites
Users may occasionally find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
– [[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED]]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You have the right to be forgotten at any point in time should you want to withdraw your consent or want your profile removed from our site or records, – To do so, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing that you would like your information to be deleted from our databases and all data will be permanently deleted.
You also have the right to access any personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact us.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years.
Your acceptance to these terms
By using this Site, you provide us your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed as your acceptance of those changes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Al Daayen , Doha , Qatar